[pct-l] Ysidro Water

May 1,  small pools of water in Ysidro, Canada Verde (if that is the one that flows through Warner Springs) is flowing well.  Eight miles into Warner Springs was hot, but dry heat, like putting your head in an oven.

Dan

On AsABat's water page, a "Rik" has reported that Ysidro Creek is "dry" as of 4/28...

This is very hard to believe...
I was there on the 17th and 18th, and the creek was flowing with more volume than Canada Verde.
And assuming that both creeks are draining the same watershed area, I would imagine that they both should be flowing as well and as long as each other.

"Rik", are you sure you were looking at Ysidro Creek? There's a couple other stream indications on the USGS topo (Ranchita Quad) a mile or so south of Ysidro. The trail crosses this little vale and is usually a dry creek bed where it crosses. Come to think of it, there are a few other creek beds that the trail crosses that are dry.