[pct-l] Permit..!

Mike, you are right as far as helping out with a permit,it helps with the pacific crest trail ,as far as cleanning it, I helped clean up trails in Ore, {John day area} as far as I knew no permits where required,and in the Lake Tahoe area,there is a park there that requies a sign-in at the start of a wilderness area, However ,I think it was for the rangers to know where the where abouts of all hikers,one way in and one way out,the falling leaf camp ground way in the back,its prety much wilderness area,and the rangers check in every night to check the sign in box,makeing sure there is nobody lost ,hurt,or attacted by a critter,there are lots of bears,mountain lions,and timber rattlers,when I went a little ways up the pct,north of the god of the bridge,I did not see any thing saying a permit was required,I just started walking in,      Howard