[pct-l] Permits for thru-hiking for less than 500 miles

Inaki - find out what the name of the national forest is where you will
be hiking and give them a phone call to ask what you need to do in
order to get a permit.  If you end up calling the wrong office, they
will usually direct you to the correct office.

I am not sure, but this looks like what you need:
http://www.nps.gov/noca/permits.htm

peace,
dude