[pct-l] water report Agua Dulce to Mojave from Darrell

I also walked from Cottonwood Creek Bridge to Oak Creek on Sunday after ADZ.
The wildflowers are well past their peak in the south-facing
first half, but still quite nice on the sheltered second half, which has
surprising (the first time at least) forest, green grass, and floral
abundance to make up for the dirt bike damage.    The damage will still be
there for the through-hiker wave, but I don't know about the grass and flowers.
Too bad this forested area is apparently all private with camping prohibited.

> Cottonwood Creek Bridge mile 532.4:
> There MAY be a cache from Dave Canfield here at the PCT ramada.  Darrell
> suggests calling Dave to be sure at: 661-724-0526.

There were at least half a dozen private stashes in this general vicinity.
It looked like at least ten gallons under the ramada (metal shelter).
The aqueduct faucet is still turned OFF.

> Taylor Horse Creek mile 539:
> is running & clear & has good flow

Tylerhorse Canyon is the first nice camping spot in a long way (when the water
is running).    I don't know if it will still be running in another month.

> "Tiger Tank" at mile 553:
> Open air trough and shower near the wind farm 2 miles before Tehachapi Willow
> Springs Rd. has good water.

This new tank completely surprised me.
I didn't try the water or the shower though.   It wasn't crystal clear but
looked OK.

> Oak Creek mile 554.9:
> has water, but it's not flowing;  looks "mossy"

Considering this is such a major water source, it was disappointing looking.
I'm sure it's fine properly filtered.

Today (Monday) I met two hikers, one a through hiker starting north from
Cameron Rd who is finishing a triple crown in Belden this year, and another
section hiker who lives in Tehachapi.

Pictures from ADZ and these day hikes will appear at
http://pcnst.oakapple.net/recent
in due course.