[pct-l] Desert sections in july

In a message dated 4/21/2004 3:26:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sodamail@free.fr writes:
What is the most "easy" desert section to hike in July, considering the lack
of water.
The desert in July is "life-threatening" ... don't even consider it.

I know it sounds crazy but before to get Kennedy meadows i'd wish to hike the
desert a bit.
Then, come to CA in February/March (next year) and hike for a couple of weeks

A 2 or 3 weeks section with permanent water would be perfect before going in
the Sierra.
Permanent water? In the desert? In July?

I plan to start from Campo July 10 and, hike 2 / 3weeks and get out of the
trail and hitchike to KM by early August.
Even Campo in July (for 2 or 3 weeks) will be like a desert ... and there
won't be any permanent water. Fact is, even the artificial water caches are not
maintained in July.

Any suggestions?

Come back next year when you can start earlier.

Sorry,
Charlie