[pct-l] RE: pct-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 32

Ron,
In my experiences of Section "A", having been on this part of the Trail in May, June, January, February, March & April...
I have not encountered mosquitoes in any numbers that would be cause for concern. They're there, sure enough, but they're not a problem...

Section "B" is another story altogether.
I once forgot to verify that I had packed repellent. This was in June up in the San Jacintos.
The mosquitoes, though numerous and an annoyance were not anywhere near as bad as the flies that live up there.

These monsters will land on you without you noticing. Then, their initial bite MUST have some sort of anesthetic that numbs you from the chewing they give you! Once they're done, they leave a visibly open wound that will begin to itch like crazy! Without even touching the bite (and you WILL begin to scratch, Oh you will...) it will swell up to a raised bump of at least 1/4"...

I forgot repellent and I was eaten alive. I was tormented by the bites for two weeks before they healed over. I still have faint scars on my legs from that episode...The horror....the HORROR....

Read ALL the past postings on repellent types and bug preventative measures...

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m