[pct-l] Long Sleeve Shirts? - my late comment

I meant to post this regarding the long sleeve shirt discussion we had recently.

I've been fortunate enough to have been given, as a gift, a really nice long sleeve shirt for backpacking!
It's a North Face "Meridian" long sleeve. Made out of some sort of lightweight, quick drying, sun blocking fabric.
I've used it several times out now and I love it!

It has two long vents on both sides of the back that are mesh lined. Once you shuck your pack, your back is dry within a minute or two.
It's got tabs in the sleeves that keep the long sleeves rolled up, if you need it, I tend to keep the top cuff button buttoned and it stays put like that. If you wanted to unbutton all the cuff buttons, the tabs keep the sleeves up and loose around your arm.
It's also got chest pockets and a separate narrow pocked that fits sunglasses. The fabric is very soft and luxurious to the touch. I don't know how many colors it comes in, but mine is a sort of "buff" color. Light to reflect sun radiation, pigmented enough to hide most trail grime. Layers very well over even expedition weight fleece thermals.
Button up front with a button down collar is stylish enough to wear out on the town!

I asked who much was spent on it (major social faux paux) and was told that it was $35 with shipping.
If you want to carry just one shirt, I'd pick something like this.

On another note:

I'm getting more and more jealous as I see each one of you "Crazy -Thru-Hikers" signing off the E-list as you head off to Campo...
I'll see you all at ADZPCTKO, and I want to meet you all as you begin your hikes. I'll wish I was with you as you guys make your way north. The herd will most likely catch up to where I left off at Scissors two days or so after ADZPCTKO. I won't be back to Scissors and the San Felipes until mid-May, or so. But once the heat kicks in, I'll head Alpine and maybe see you guys around  The San Jacintos, San Gorgonio, Wrightwood or maybe even the Sierras!

Please try to keep all of us who'll be left behind of your progress and adventures!

See you at ADZPCTKO!

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m