[pct-l] bagels and tortillas

Tortillas with preservatives will last quite a while.  Openned, they've
lasted me two weeks without molding.  Unopenned, I am unsure. However,
as they sit on your grocer's shelf unrefridgerated, I would assume they'll
last indefinitely.

By the way, bagels without preservatives (like those you might buy at the
co-op in Ashland), will last about 36 minutes in the heat before they
start to stink and mold.  Okay, I got to Crater Lake before my garlic
bagels starting to smell like my feet, so maybe 36 minutes should really
be 3 days.

Suge

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 ALightner@aol.com wrote:

> Anybody have input on how long bagels and tortillas last in maildrops?  How
> far ahead can I mail them without mold issues?
>
> Bagels usually last me a week or two after opening, but I don't have any
> experience with unopened bags.
>
> Thanks,
> Conor
> Class of '04