[pct-l] hitching to Jullian

> Is it hard for two guys with backpacks to get a ride
on Hwy. 78 from
Scissors Crossing to Julian?

A couple of years ago, I hitched from Scissors
Crossing to Julian.  I had no problem.  Not much
traffic, but I got a ride from the first vehicle that
came by.

I do have a couple of suggestions which most likely
you've already thought of:

1)  Hitch from a point west of the westerly 78/S2
intersection.
2)  Have a sign that says "Julian."
3)  Hitch separately.  It's much easier for two men to
each get a ride than to get a single ride as a pair.
4)  Clean up a bit at the creek.
5)  Remove your sunglasses when you hitch.

Good luck!

-- Moondancer