[pct-l] Fuel Amounts for Pepsi can stove

In a message dated 4/15/2004 11:14:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pct@DelNorteResort.Com writes:

> For the price conscious or frequent cookers, you can get Esbit generic,
> aka, hexamine.
> 48 tabs for about $9.00  That works out to about 18 cents per tab.

Bait and switch?

Yeah, I've tried hexamine or such, which don't work nearly as well as Esbit,
take two or three to cook a meal and leave your pot with a sticky, sooty crust
and give off a foul smell.

Not to mention you're locked into mail drops in order to refuel.

Sly