[pct-l] headlamp

The Black Diamond Ion is great for everything but hiking at night, and
is the lightest thing short of clipping a photon light to your hat.
Batteries are pricey, but you can get L544 (lithium) batteries for them
for an ok deal at batteries.com or backpackinglight.com.

When I am walking at night I use a Petzl Tikka Plus, which has more
light output and less glare in your peripheral vison. The batteries last
way longer as well.

Don't be fooled by LED lights that have more LEDs; it's the brightness
of the LEDs that makes the most difference. Doubling the number of LEDs
will only let you see 1.41 times as far.

Later,
Kent.