From: Rudolph Duda <Rud_dud45@hotmail.com>
Sent: Apr 12, 2004 5:26 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Hiking gear on planes

Hi Hikers,
I will be flying out from the East Coast to start the PCT at the end of the month and was looking for some advice as to what I can include in my backpack which I will include with my checked luggage at the Airport. I realize that I cannot include my penknife or my can of pepper spray, but what about my alcohol stove, fuel bottle, Esbit fuel tablets, trekking poles, scissors in my first aid kit. Any other advice as to any problems I may encounter.

Thanks, Rudy [Reindeer]