[pct-l] trail notes from conversation with Darrell

Spoke to Darrell tonight at Wrightwood.  Here are some notes from our
conversation:

-- The "Acorn Trail" is very tricky right now - narrow switchback into the
canyon snow-covered.
--Trail between Guffy Campground & Hwy 2 is very heavily snow covered,
consider using the nearby road instead unless you have good showshoes or boots.
--Trail from Hwy 2 to just past Grassy Hollow Nature Center & picnic area is
in good shape and easy to use.
--Nature Center folks are very hiker friendly and helpful (thanks to Holly &
Arnie for being so helpful and friendly to Darrell)
--The "Econolodge" that is listed in Cajon Pass is now a Best Western & is
very hiker friendly.  They will accept hiker packages.
--The Pines Motel in Wrightwood is very hiker friendly.  They are really
enthusiastic about PCT hikers and are considering offering showers to hikers.
--A word of thanks to the Hertz fellow in Running Springs (Mark) who really
stepped up to the plate and helped Darrell out when he decided to get Sitka off
the trail.  He was a "road angel"!
--Darrell has resolved the problems with his MIOX purifier and now loves it.
It was not a battery problem.  It seemed to be malfunctioning because the
water was not moving down from the salt chamber to the battery chamber properly.
Now when he uses it, he loosens the top chamber a bit and taps it once or
twice.  That's all it took to fix it and he's been using it with great success.

My apologies if I got any of these place names spelled wrong.  I was madly
scribbling notes as Darrell and I spoke and did the best I could...

Betsy