[pct-l] Foot care secrets in the desert

Then general idea is keep your feet dry and as cool as possible. Moisture
and friction cause blisters!

Things like duct tape(as mentioned) may help reduce friction.

Thin liner socks(as mentioned) help keep your feet cool. They're
also easy to hand wash and they dry fast.

Trail runners tend to keep your feet cooler than boots.

You *may* require oversize shoes, personally, I don't. I wear 10.5, 4E
on and off the trail. I made the mistake of using oversize shoes on my
first trip to realize, I didn't need them.

Don't use moleskin! Lance your blisters with a large enough hole so they
drain and stay drained. Exposed, lanced-blistered feet will dry out nicely
at night.

For me, the biggest cause of blisters is daily mileage. I can wear cactus
on the bottom of my feet and not get blisters if I keep my mileage around
20 miles in a 14 hour day. If I do high 20's, low 30's consistently my feet
will blister/callous regardless of foot care and wear.

Lastly, through trial and error, find out what works for you! My dream may
be your nightmare. :)

Hope that helps,
Scott Parks
Art          : http://DelNorteResort.Com/art