[pct-l] Foot care secrets in the desert

You mentioned to "make sure that shoes/boots fit perfectly".  I disagree
with this.  Your feet will swell in the desert.  If your shoes fit perfectly
now, they will be way too small after only a few days on the PCT.  Your
desert shoes should be one size bigger than you normally wear, and they
should be the most breathable shoes you can find.  You should be able to
feel the desert wind blow into your shoes.

Avoid anything with gore-tex or other water protection for desert shoes.

Everytime you stop for a break, take your shoes off and let your feet
breathe.  EVERY TIME.

I prefer wearing only one pair of thin liner socks.  This allows my feet to
breathe.  Some people swear by smartwools or other thick socks, but those
don't work for me.  They keep my feet WAY too hot.

Every time you get to water, rinse out your socks.  Change your socks often.

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp