[pct-l] LA Aqueduct Status

Hi all,

I have received a reply from Mr. Chaney at LADWP regarding the status of
the Cottonwood Creek water source on the LA Aqueduct.

The aqueduct is currently under maintenance. The current maintenance
window will last until May 7. However, this does not mean that the water
will necessarily come back on at that time. Inspections have to be
performed first, there may be additional problems, etc... I got the
feeling that there is no guarantee that the water will be on at any
time, but it will be very unlikely that it will be on before May 7.

If you get there and there is no water and you don't want to take a
chance on Tylerhorse canyon - you can just keep following the aqueduct
8-9 miles and you will get to Tehachapi-Willow Springs Rd. Hitch north
to get to either Mojave (turn off at Oak Creek Rd) or Tehachapi. I took
this route myself in 2002.

Regards,
Kent.