[pct-l] Cell phones

I have used several different cell phone providers and can tell you
that THEY ALL SUCK!!!  I have had my calls dropped right in the middle
of the city frequently by AT&T, Verizon, Cingular, and Sprint.  I will
also say that of the services that I have used, Verizon seems to have
the best service in remote areas.  I had service on the summit of Mt
Shasta when many of my friends did not.

Another very important note:  if you want to use the phone in mainly
remote areas (which is most of the PCT), DO NOT GET THE NEW GENERATION
PHONES.  the new generation phones have a much smaller coverage area.
I just switched from an AT&T older generation phone to a newer AT&T
phone and the coverage area is MUCH smaller.  The next-gen phone
network is not as big and there are not as many towers, so you end up
getting service in fewer places.

Hope that helps.

peace,
dude