[pct-l] New To List

Hi - I'm new to the list and just hoping to glean some information from you
PCT gurus.  With any luck I'll do a thru...well, I'm not sure when.  I'm
still scrambling to get out of debt from my '03 AT thru-hike.  But, I do
have a wedding to attend in South Tahoe in mid-June and have planned at
least four days of hiking prior to that.  I'm flying in to Reno on June 8
and plan on hiking South from thereabouts to So. Tahoe along the Tahoe Rim
Trail (which, as I understand it, and I haven't done to much research, is
also the PCT).  Now, you must know, that I've NEVER been west of the
Mississippi, so the terrain, the mountains, the trees, even my expectations
are totally askew.  I guess my questions range from what book is a good
primer to pick up from the library on what to expect, what would be the best
book and/or maps to utilize as a resource for planning this short little
section hike, and, not being at all aware of altitude changes and my ability
to handle them...can I do this?

The second part of this message is for Guy...Just a hello from another
resident in the Charleston area.  I just moved back after being away for
eight years.  Also just took PT position with CofC North.  Anyways, maybe
I'll be able to pick your brain after you finish hiking this year on ideas
for my hike in 07 - or whenever I get my act together....

Thanks Ya'll -

Leanna