[pct-l] Transportation (From Whitney Portal)

Greetings,

A friend of mine and I are planning to hike the John
Muir (headed southbound from Yosemite) this July.
We're probably going to take 4-5 weeks so we have
plenty of time to take extra days if we need the rest
or just like an area.  We're both hesitant to leave a
car at our exit point and honestly haven't explored
that possibility much yet.

So, the question is one I'm sure tons of people have
asked before.  I found a little information about
transit in the area of Whitney Portal but wanted to
see if someone here had some advice.

Basically, we'll need to get from Whitney Portal to
L.A.

I've done several trips to Yosemite so I know all
about getting there.  But, I live in Atlanta, Georgia
and "Bo don't know diddly" about the rest.

Sincerely,

Jody