[pct-l] sprained ankle

Bummer!!!!  I sprained my ankle today while out hiking.   And this with a
little over two weeks to go until my pct hike!!  Needless to say I'm a bit
upset.  But its not the worst sprain and I think I'll be alright by then.
But I will miss out on the next two weeks of training.  This would be a
great opportunity for boot proponents to say "I told you so!"  (I was
wearing running shoes).

Anyway I was noticing a few days earlier that my ankle were rolling (always
to the outside) on really rocky terrain.  This was disconcerting but I
always caught myself on my trekking poles so it wasn't a big deal.  Today I
was out there without my poles and wasn't so lucky. I've been training
pretty well for the last few months so its not like my ankles are untrained.
Its only been recently that they've been giving me problems (but I have
traditionally had a problem with my ankle rolling to the outside - mostly
back in my high school basketball days).

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem?  I'm wondering if this is a sign
that I should skip the running shoes and go for boots (although I have been
backpacking/hiking in trail runners for a while now).  Would orthotics help?
  Maybe it was just bad luck.  I know for sure I'm not even walking to the
store without my poles until I'm done with the PCT!

Steve