[pct-l] Light Phenomena on Oriflame Mtn....

Hi Michael,
It is my understanding that the phenomena at Oriflame should be visible from the first ridge above Scissors Crossing as you climb into the San Felipes. I saw them from the edge of Banner after walking into town for a quick look around.

FYI, this climb can be quite hot. A neat trick is to arrive a Scissors Crossing in the mid-day, water up and wait for the late afternoon. As the sun settles the shadow from the ridge across the valley reaches Scissors Crossing and you can make the climb in shade as you follow the shadow up the grade.... hee hee. On a nice night a moonlit hike through the San Felipes can be pretty cool also.

The best night hike stretch, in my opinion, is from the water tank outside of Anza to the Hghwy 74 crossing. In full moonlight the desert is just wonderful.

Anyway, I am also aware of some observations points near Banner that are also good if you decide to walk into town after coming off the ridge to the desert floor.

I have heard that the phenomena on Oriflamme are actually part of a larger pattern of manifestations that appear around the valley.

Tedster

Mike Saenz <msaenz@mve-architects.com> wrote:
Very cool!
SO you can see this going on over/on/near Oriflame?
This would help decide where I pitch tent on the San Felipes!
That ridge would be a perfect vantage point to view Oriflame!!!

M i c h a e l S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e P l a n n i n g I n t e r i o r s
w w w . m v e - a r c h i t e c t s . c o m