[pct-l] Sitka's coming home

Hi-

Hope all concerned got Darrell's posted water updates.  He's not able to sign
on often, but did get a chance last night because...

Sitka's comin' home.  Yogi said the people who pull their dogs from the trail
never post about it.  So I though I'd be sure to let you all know.  Darrell
and Sitka have made it to Big Bear City.  Sitka's paws have been showing
soreness and Darrell fears they will not get better only worse.  Even with an extra
zero day.  So he rented a car and drove Sitka to family in Phoenix.  I'll
drive to Phoenix and get him next weekend.  Sitka is already better, but Darrell
doesn't want him to get sore again, so this decision is final.

So now my husband is headed back to the trail without his dear companion.  I
feel very good that he made this decision for the dog.  It was the only choice
to make.  But I know he'll feel the loss of his presence.

bye for now--  Betsy