[pct-l] PCT article in Los Angeles Times

Well, the LA Times once again proves that it's the LA Sometimes.

Plans change.  The first PCT yoyo is for another hiker or another year.

Flyin' Brian and his friend Sophia "Silver Girl" Lewis started north on the
Appalachian Trail from Springer Mountain, GA on Tuesday, March 30.  Brian has
never hiked the AT "in season", and is looking forward to the traditional AT
experience.

They reached Neal's Gap Wednesday afternoon and will probably be in
Hiawassee, GA tomorrow.  It has been raining in Georgia, mostly at night by their last
report.  Didn't somebody write a song about that?

I'm told the "Silver Girl" trail name refers to Sophia's belt buckle.  While
she is a novice thruhiker, she does have other trail experience:  A seventh
place overall finish among women in last year's Western States 100, with a time
of 21:51:43.  They are going lightweight, so Sophie is not actually wearing
the silver buckle on the trail.

Those who may be interested can follow Brian and Sophie's progress on my
website:  http://royrobinson.homestead.com/flyinbrian_at.html   There should be
some content on the site this weekend.

With much regret, I will have to miss the ADZ this year because of a family
commitment.  (No, they are not going to commit me, though all long-distance
hikers must be considered suspect.)  So, I'll take this opportunity to wish the
Class of '04 the best on the trail!  Hope to see you all at the ALDHA-W
Gathering, at Clair Tappaan Lodge in October!

Take care!  Roy "TrailDad" Robinson
_____