[pct-l] Information Overload!

As I continue to plan for my 2004 thru-hike attempt, I've realized that
I'm starting to suffer from Information Overload!  All of the recent posts
about where there is and isn't water, which hostels are open or not, which
towns have trail angels, etc., etc.... after a while it all starts to
blend together and I can't keep up with compiling it all!

I'm not complaining, the PCT-L has been an invaluable resource and I've
soaked up a wealth of good advice from it.

But I can't help but wonder, how much of this "local" information is kept
in the trail registers along the way? Information on Good food, lodging,
resupply info, trail conditions, water, local trail angels etc.? How up to
date or reliable is the information found in them? I'm assuming the most
up to date info would be from other hikers entries found in the pages
prior to your arrival, right?

I'll be carrying the guidebook sections, data book sections and also
Yogi's handbook sections, but there's a point where enough is enough! I
don't want to carry any more information than is necessary.

Brian
Class of '04