[pct-l] Beldon Town - Biker Weekend June 25-26

FYI, there are now people in Belden who allow hikers to stay at their home.
Brenda and Laurie Braaten moved to Belden in 2003, and immediately started
helping hikers.  They've got a separate part of their house for hikers, sort
of a small apartment.  Shower, kitchen, two rooms to sleep in.  There is a
small store/restaurant nearby.  Their phone number was posted on the trail
in 2003, and I've got all their information in my book.  Call them from
Belden, and they'll pick you up, drive you to the PO (which is a mile out of
town on a narrow, busy highway), and take you to their home.  They'll drive
you back to the trail the next day.  Really great people.  The PCT is lucky
the Braaten's are in Belden now, because that's just a creepy little town.

Another bright spot of Belden is the Postmaster.  In my opinion, she's the
nicest, most hiker-friendly Postmaster on the trail.  She even posts her
phone number at the trailhead during peak hiker season so that hikers can
call her to pick up packages after hours.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com