[pct-l] Article on Ca snowpack

A good visual indicator of the regional snowpack information is;
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/PlotSWC  This shows that the current situation
is slightly above average in the northern portions of the Sierra and just a
tiny bit below average in the Kern River drainage area, the area that Forester
Pass is in and is your most formidable challenge.  It also shows that all of
the areas are currently in a meltoff stage due to the lack of new snow and
abnormally warm weather.

BTW, look at the 02-03 curves.  You can see what a series of late Spring
storms can do to extend the meltoff date.  From historical records, this happens
about 20% of the time in the conditions that the Sierra are currently in.

Stay tuned.  I'm sticking with my June 10th WAG, that I made on March 1, to
enter the Sierra this year.

Greg