[pct-l] backpacks

Some of the ultra-light, crazy thru-hiker persuasion will gasp (in horror) of my 5 lb, 13.9 oz Aconcagua from REI. But I love it. Main pack is 4lb, 15.5 oz and it has a detachable daypack that's 14.4oz.
Expands out for some expedition size loads, but can squeeze up an overnight load for sweet weight distribution.
Two aluminum stays and a fairly rigid plastic sheet keeps the heavy loads well stabilized and a very cush hip belt comfortably supports the weight where it belongs.

I 've heard rumor the this pack only fits a few torso lengths, but if that's the case, I may be one of the chosen few. Fits me perfect.

My only gripes:
1) The side mesh pockets could be better placed. It's a contortion to reach for my power bars while on the move.
2) The chest strap could allow for a lower position. I'm no barrel chested god, but if the straps were just an inch lower, I could eliminate a slight chafe near my armpits when the pack slides low. Easily remedied by hiking up the pack and re-tightening my hip belt. But when this happens, it's my indicator that I need to adjust the pack.

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m