[pct-l] Water Treatment

I have a question about water treatment on the PCT. I have used the PUR Hiker for the last 3 years, but in trying to reduce my pack weight am considering using the MSR Miox system. It is listed at 3.5 oz as opposed to 11 oz for the PUR Hiker. Has anyone used this new water treatment system and does anyone have any feedback on it.

I will be starting at Campo on May 2, 2004 and will be hiking up to US 15. I was not able to schedule the kick off but will perhaps meet some hikers on the trail.

By the way, I just received Yogi's handbook in the mail, read all of the pre hike info,
and found it to be excellent. Thank you Yogi.

Happy Hiking, Reindeer