Fwd: [pct-l] Hiking the trail with your dog

I'm sorry, I can't let this go unanswered.  This is not a new dog that you just
picked up that you're taking out.  It's your dog that has trained the same
mileage as you.  One of my dogs is black and small.  He overheats easily.  He
only goes out on very cool days on good trail because his pads are not like my
lab/German Shorthair mix dog, Bailey.  I took this dog 35 miles over the San
Felipe Hills and back and do you know what this dog did the next day?  She
jumped on me, asking for more!  She wasn't a bit sore.  Bailey is bored at the
beach, where he brother loves the water.  Bailey can go all day.  I would love
to take Bailey the whole way, but I don't like carrying all the water for her.
She drinks and eats more than I do. (I don't want to put a pack on her, since
she has a sway back).  Would I take her if I was doing 20 mile days, NO
QUESTION.  The dog would be out-of-her-mind with bliss.......paul