[pct-l] Fuel Bottles

>>Perhaps you could bring it as a carry on and show
>>that it is empty. But I'd ask at a nearby airport
>>before attempting to get on the plane, just in case.

It may have even been on this list, but I once read a
story about an enterprising Boy Scout about to embark
on a trip.

He was told he would not bring his fuel bottle on the
plan. The said Boy Scout went to a water fountain,
filled up his fuel bottle with water, and voilia! It
was no longer a fuel bottle but a water bottle. Albeit
a heavy metal one. :-) He took a swig from the bottle
in front of security and was allowed on the plane.

I suspect this story happened pre 9/11, however.

=====
--Thoreau