[pct-l] You know you are a thru-hiker when...

You're smell is seriously offensive...even to you.

At the Idyllwild Post Office, I collected my resupply package but before doing so, asked the clerk if I needed to show any identification. "Are you kidding?" she asked. "No," I said, "I mean, how do you know I'm not just some bum off the street stealing someone else's mail?" "Hmmm," she mumbled, pausing for a second, and then asked herself, "How do I put this nicely? Let's just say the smell cannot be duplicated in any other way." She had me there.