[pct-l] Failure in the San Felipe's

With another 24 miles ahead of me, I decided that the San Felipe's was a

two-day journey from Scissors Crossing.

I don't like to think of not completing a trip as planned as a failure.
There are so many variables in any hike you just do the best you can and
learn along the journey.  At our age and stage in life, knowing when to
walk off the trail in order to continue to meet our responsibilities in
the world we live in is a sign of wisdom.  I am 48, have a family and
other obligations that allow me to block out only so much time for these
hikes.  When I come back I can be tired but I should also be refreshed.
Pushing oneself past the tired to exhausted and "de-freshed" is not fair
to those we live with and love.  You did your best and learned (I hope).
That's not failure, but it is disappointing.

Sincerely,

Lars Nilsson