From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of ECPG
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 9:21 PM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] New Shoe Setup - Inserts?

My feet are so bad that I was constantly experimenting with permutations of
padding and insoles.

But on the advice of some people at the backpackinglight list (mostly Marge)
I went to REI and had them make some custom Spenco orthotics for me. They
only cost about $85 and I'm on my second year of almost constant use. I also
buy a size bigger shoes than I used to and put one of the spenco green
insoles on top of the footbed or it's too hard and rubs blisters.

The guy at REI was very careful to spend a lot of time making them fit the
way I wanted them and my feet are very happy. I expected for them to only
last 1/2 to 1 year but they are still going. I can't afford expensive
orthotics and these are a perfect solution.

Carolyn Eddy
Goattracks Magazine
www.goattracksmagazine.com