[pct-l] leg cramps - potassium

In a message dated 2/28/04 12:06:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jkeener@pct04.com writes:

> Anyone have experience with a potassium supplement? I
> bought one, and there are dire warnings on the label.

_____

Leg cramps are often a sign of dehydration, I understand, or a potassium
deficiency.  Of course, they can also be your legs complaining about those long
miles while you're ramping up to the physical challenge of a long hike!

I bought an OTC potassium supplement on the hot part of the AT and heard an
interesting comment from the pharmacist, who was from the south.  "This will
help you feel better in the heat, but we don't take them in the south.  It
attracts mosquitoes!"  She didn't eat bananas, either, for the same reason.  ;-)

Any takers on this one???