[pct-l] fishing on pct

No need to swear!
24+" trout are common in the lakes behind Mammoth.

I once had the short sightedness to go fishing at Convict Lake at the last weekend of the season.
Besides the fact that it was freakin' freezing (our beer froze in the bottles if you set them down).
At his time, the fish were spawning and the large, mature fish had, ummm "other things" on their minds besides eating.
I literally had a monster well over 24" cornered in the creek above the lake. Trapped under a log with nowhere to go. I could have simply reached in and grabbed him (her?). I spent an hour casting everything from flys to live bait right under it's nose. It wanted nothing to do with any of it.

We only caught small pan-sized guys that week. They fit quite nicely in our fry pan and inside folds of regular sized foil...

As for how to cook the big ones in your pack pot: fillet `em! I slice up even the little ones to fry quicker in my titanium.

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m