[pct-l] Money

Re: quarters

This summer I took a week-long trip in the Sierra and dumped my change
before leaving. The first day I ate food from a plastic bag tied to my
pack. That night I went to stuff my garbage my bear can, which I
normally would open with a quarter. Uh-oh.

I found a penny in my pocket that I overlooked and bent it on the locks
on my can, which were stiff from sitting all winter. Luckily I managed
to get it open with the nail-file attachment on my Leatherman Micra
(works well!).

Moral of the story: carry two ways to get into your bear can (if you
decide to carry one).

Kent.