[pct-l] Sierra High Route

CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:

>Sounds like a great alternative to the JMT especially for somebody ( like me)
>that likes to go cross country. I'll certainly keep it in mind if I can't get
>a permit for the JMT. What about bear cans?
> David C

All I can say is to study the route and see where it passes through the
bear-can-mandatory zones (in Yosemite and Ansel Adams Wild and whatever
is added in 2004).  Then you take your chances with getting or not
getting a ticket and losing or not losing your food to a bear.  You
probably won't find any bear boxes on the route.  Also not many bears or
rangers.  It's your call.
Marion