[pct-l] Re: PCT Elevation Gains

Does the last name "Boyde" sound British? He's leading us on a Grand Canyon
trip this April and has each day's mileage measured down to the nearest
hundredth of a mile. His wife calls him obsessive. You think so? PCT thru hiker
"Hobbit" is going too, and he says we may have to kill him before the hike is over.
(The leader, not Hobbit)
     I rode a chairlift with an English girl of about 10 years old and the
first thing she said to me was how long it took to fly from London to New York
down to the nearest second. What's with those people? Maybe the map of the
human genome can come up with some sort of an answer.
   David C