[pct-l] Sierra High Route

Eric Yakel wrote:

>Got to do a 100 mile section of this "trail" two years ago.  What a great hike.  It is a butt kicker, but worth every step.  Absolutely the best views I've ever seen.  Saw two base campers and one other hiker on the whole route.  Great guide book available also.
>                                       Eric

Just a clarification, so no one is confused.  The High Sierra Trail
crosses Sequoia National Park, from Crescent Meadow to Whitney Portal.
It is 100% trail.  The Sierra High Route goes from Kings Canyon north to
Twin Lakes on the Northeast border of Yosemite. More than half of  it is
cross country, over little-traveled passes.  The route is detailed in
"The Sierra High Route" from Sierra Club Books.
Marion