[pct-l] Washington section

I don't think anyone will be making an evaluation of section K until late
June so it's kind of early to be recommending anything. Most thru hikers won't be
getting there until at least Aug 15th. By then, the creeks will be much
lower, and the big question will be whether or not the creeks will be fordable. It
is quite possible that log bridges with railings will be put in place.
  Basically, someone in an official capacity is going to have to hike section
K and make a report on what they find before any decision is made on whether
to close the trail. Even then, people being people, some will go anyway. If
people do get through, the word will quickly spread. Will someone die attempting
section K? Well, as the philosopher C. Eastwood said, "A man's gotta know his
limitations."
  Ditto for the East side of Glacier: Someone is going to have to hike it
too, before any decision is made on a reroute. I'm betting that the East trail
will be used and that a new bridge over the Suiattle may never come. $100,000 is
a lot of money to pay for a bridge that inevitably will be washed out again,
and sooner rather than later
   It's kind of like climbing a steep ridge that is foreshortened: It looks
impossible from below, but if I can just get to there and then there, the
"problem" seems to melt away. To give up without even trying, on appearances alone,
goes against my nature. But there is a fine line between knowing your
limitations and being foolish. I can only speak for myself. It would be presumptuous
for me to know the limitations of others. John Wesley Powell did just fine
going through the Grand Canyon. Others would perish (and did - Separation Rapids
being irony at its finest) simply because they made the wrong choice
   David C