From: Marge Prothman [mailto:marge@prothman.org]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 3:29 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Kick off - what??

Hello Linda,
The ADZPCTKO is now a traditional event and the organizers have reserved
the
entire Campground at Morena for this event.  The Organizers also have a
website which has loads of information.
ONCE THIS WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING (Hey Carl when will it be up). You
are
able to register that you will attend...you can arrange for a pickup
from
San Diego and a ride to the trail head at Campo.You can find out about
Water
Stashes at the Kick off, you meet other through hikers, they have an
auction
and other events planned and once the website is up and running you can
see
what is going on. As people register you can see who is attending etc.
etc.
etc.  There is no charge for anything if you are a Through Hiker.  You
meet
people and a number of the Trail Angels also attend.

It is a lot of fun and a great send off.  I wish I could be there for
the
kickoff, but not unfortunately I will be in Wales at the time thinking
about
you all.

Cheers,
Marge   [The Old Gal]