[pct-l] Why do you hike solo?

> What was your thinking behind deciding to hike solo?

My discoing boiled down to "I want to hike, but don't know anyone else
that does".
Also a factor was that I had hoped to maybe meet up with someone at the
kick off, and then got delayed in Las Vegas and didn't get to start
until the next weekend, so I was well behind the pack. And on top of
that, I was taking it slow to start, and not many people were hiking
10-12 mile days to start off.

I'd like to have a hiking partner the next time I make my attempt, but
it's not necessary. I like hiking alone, I can set my own pace, and I
don't have to waste precious breath talking. Any hiking partner I'd have
would need to be able to hike alone for long stretches, simply because I
want to be able to have "alone time" from time to time.

Gray