[pct-l] Boots on the PCT

Dave wrote "If I were contemplating a thru hike, I certainly would not walk
into some wal mart and pick a pair of boots/shoes off the shelf."

My husband Chuck (Igor) actually did something close to this in '94...he
found perfect low-cut soft hiking boots at (drum roll) COSTCO!!!!!  For
(second drum roll) about $50 a pair!  He bought three pairs and loved them.
Now, he has indestructible feet - in 25+ years of hiking & climbing together
I've seen him get maybe two blisters.  His only boot-related foot problem
resulted years ago from a deteriorating heel cup which aggravated an
Achilles tendon.  But the Reebok boots worked perfectly for him, for 1500
miles.

It's all about the feet.  Where we save the big bucks on his climbing shoes
& boots, we spend it on my picky feet.  YMMV.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94