[pct-l] re: 2001 thruhike

I think your talking about "Amigo"( I think his real name is Luke Snyder) .  In 2000, Amigo left various inspirational pictures and notes at particularly difficult points along the trail, eg at the top of a climb etc.  His father was a school teacher and had his pupils make the letters. It was rather nice to find them totally unexpectedly after a tough section.  They also stashed water for thru hikers on the Hat Rim creek that year.

Vive

stonedancer wrote:
 In 2001, a teacher named Snyder had his class write a series of letters to
support and motivate thruhikers.  They were placed in plastic sleeves along the
trail from...somewhere to somewhere... Warner Springs to Idyllwild?  If anyone
out there can supply me some info... like how many there were, where they
started and ended, etc.  I would appreciate it.  Answer offline if you wish.