[pct-l] San Berdoo Mt desolation

Actually one of the more desolate areas - real close to "The Hat" will be around Lake Silverwood both North and South.  I have hiked all of this area since the devastating fires this fall.  Splinters Bridge was half way destroyed from a burned out so crossing Deep Creek will be tough.  For over 5 miles south of the bridge is a moon scape ....... PCT around deep creek is fine and the Hot Springs are still set for the crowds.  But most of the area after the spillway is destroyed until you get to route 15.  The most dangerous area is just North West of Lake Silverwood .... we hiked it just after the XMAS mudslides and the trail was barely discernable I can just imagine after the winter thaw.  You might consider taking 138 to the 15 and I have even suggested rerouting the trail to the ridge and then to Cajon Mountain the then back down to avoid 20 miles of eroded and ugly trail that will be impossible to maintain.  Unlike "THE HAT" there is H20 most of the way although ashy sooty and dirty.

Duane