[pct-l] on-trail music

I'm not a thru-hiker - I can only answer as a backpacker.
I love my iPod - I like having it when sitting out rainstorms or the
hot part of the day, for afternoon naps, and when I'm too tired to
talk but it's too early to sleep. It has a rechargeable lithium-ion
battery that I haven't drained between recharges yet.  I take it on
most trips now, though for while hiking I found that the earphones
make my ears sweat, and I didn't much enjoy it anyway - I mostly
prefer the quiet when I'm hiking.  But it's a luxurious item to have
when I just want to relax.

Kevin Corcoran