[pct-l] South-bound questions

South bound hiker:

I Agree with Sly if you can get a hitch or transportation to Harts Pass.
Then Hike ONLY to the monument, once past this you have crossed the border
into Canada.
This would be 31.4 miles...  it is another 7.2 miles into Manning Park.
Then start your hike South from the monument.  As others have said this is
marvelous country and you are only adding an additional  31.4 miles to your
trip and maybe for you it would only be a long days hike.  I think your
first resupply would then be at Stehiken (without hitching to the next small
town). Do not think there was much damage on that part of the trail, but I
could be wrong.
Hope it all works out.
Cheers,
Marge   [The Old Gal]