[pct-l] South-bound questions

If you are worried about the border, I would start at Hart's pass. I believe
there is bus service to the town of Winthrop, a medium sized town where
supplies should be available. Or mail a package to the tiny town of Mazama. You
would need to get a ride to Mazama, about 20 miles from Winthrop. From Mazama you
would need a ride to Hart's Pass, about another 20 miles away. If you have the
money you could make reservations at a major lodge in Methow Valley and
request transportation from Winthrop to Hart's Pass to avoid the hitches.
http://www.methownet.com.  Harts Pass to the Canadian Border is about 20 miles. You
could probably get the ranger at Harts pass to keep a cache of food to pick up on
your way back from Canada. Another option is to just start south from Harts
Pass
    By August you should know the situation of the reroute through Glacier
Peak wilderness. If long detours and road walks are required you might consider
starting at Steven's Pass. Not sure about transportation to Steven's Pass from
Seattle

 Went skiing over the weekend. There's been very little new snow the last few
weeks and so the snowpack is now at normal levels or even slightly below
average at most places in Wa.     David C