[pct-l] Rope crossings

I agree with Jardine that a rope crossing can be dangerous if you use one as
a hand line. If you rely on it instead of a pole, it would stretch too much
and you would probably lose your balance. If you cross on its upstream side and
slip you could get caught on it or it could snag on something and you might
not be able to get back up again in the swift current. I think that a belay by
someone or the self belay I described would be somewhat safer, but again, there
is still the possibility of snagging the rope on a rock or sweeper log if you
fall