[pct-l] Travel Arrangements

The kickoff festivities will begin this year on Friday evening, April 23rd,
with a few slide shows or presentations in the Pavillion.  However, the main
events, as usual, will be held on Saturday, April 24th, all day and night.  The
Annual Great Pacific Long Distance Gear and Invention Revue (AGPLDG&IR), the
G-Force Awards, a Silent Auction of really cool long distance hiking equipment
and several other events are in the planning stage.

There even is a rumour that someone is bringing a kayak in order to attempt
the first thru-paddle of the PCT! ;-)  Monte?

A ride board to help in finding and sharing rides from all points of the
compass will again be incorporated into the ADZ website (www.pct77.org/adz).
Don't go there now unless you are interested in last year's events as it won't be
updated with this year's info until a bit more planning is in the works.

Rides are commonly offered by several individuals in the San Diego area from
the airport, train station and bus station out to Lake Morena and/or the
southern terminus of the trail.  Bob "the ADZ food dude" Reiss annually hauls
dozens of hikers out there.  If you come in early enough on the 23rd you will
likely find a ride with someone, particularly if it is arranged ahead of time.
Rides are also offered from points north on the trail back down to the ADZ if you
started earlier and wish to attend.  Then your ride will deliver you back to
your point on the trail.

Watch out here on the PCT-List and at the ADZ website later for more specific
info.

Looking forward to our 6th year,

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Coordinator

"Give me my Scallop shell of quiet,
My staffe of Faith to walke upon,
My Scrip of Joy, Immortall diet,
My bottle of salvation:
My Gowne of Glory, hopes true gage,
And thus Ile take my pilgrimage."
                  Sir Walter Raliegh, The Pilgrimage (1604)

In a message dated 1/9/2004 6:14:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,